Operators world-wide will find state-of-the-art ergonomics, unsurpassed visibility and ease of operation.
* Tiltable steering column with center-mount instrumentation for easy operator reference.
* The standard suspension seat is spring-suspended with a high amount of travel providing a comfortable ride for the operator.
* Excellent 360-degree visibility is achieved by positioning the operator above instead of behind the load for safe operation and excellent view of the attachment.
* All models feature comfortable and easy-to-access grab handles to assist entry and exit.
* A complete cab enclosure option provides enhanced comfort and safety for all-day-long operation.
* Wide side doors can be latched fully open for full side-to-side ventilation. They also provide easy entry and exit from both sides of the machine.
* Cab doors have an extended-latch design, which allows latching in a slightly-open position for limited ventilation, per operator preference.
* Standard equipment includes heating system, four working lights, wipers on front and rear windows, a cup holder and adjustable side mirrors.
* Spacious surface window area offers excellent all-around visibility.
* Generous sound absorbing material between the cab and engine compartment is standard with cab enclosure and suppresses sound levels.
The Gehl 340 Articulated Loader features simple-to-use controls at your finger tips. Even the most un-accustomed operator will be comfortable operating these loaders.
* Multi-function joystick lever controls the lift arm, bucket, float, travel direction, differential lock and auxiliary hydraulic functions
* Inching pedal allows operators to vary the ground speed while maintaining a fixed engine speed, to optimally run attachments while enabling precise control.
* Engine speed can be conveniently controlled two ways: (1) with the right foot throttle or (2) with the convenient hand throttle, which also allows the ground speed to be controlled independently of engine speed.
* Differential lock button on joystick increases traction for 100% effective engagement of axles.
* 2-speed hydrostatic drive can be activated “on the go" by a switch on the joystick.
Gehl Articulated Loaders are equipped with industry-proven Yanmar diesel engines.
* Powerful, quiet and efficient Interim Tier IV-certified Yanmar diesel engines with excellent performance for all applications.
* Excellent reputation for reliable cold-starting and smooth operation.
Model 3TNV88 Interim Tier IV
Number of Cylinders 3
Power (kW) @ 2800 rpm 35 hp (26)
Displacement (L) 100.2 cu.in. (1.6)
Power, performance and precision. Achieve this and more with superior hydraulics and handy time-saving features.
* Two auxiliary hydraulic lines with flat-faced couplers power a variety of tools and make attachment changes easy.
* Hydraulic hoses are nestled within the lift arms, keeping them out of the loader linkage “damage zone" during lifting and dumping operations.
* Lift arm and bucket float features allow for “floating" of the lift arm for light scraping or rear-ward leveling actions. Bucket float is a special feature that adds control and more operator flexibility for operating certain attachments with only bucket float.
Work Hydraulic System Flow (L/min) 12 gpm (45)
Work Hydraulic System Pressure (bar) 3,000 psi (207)
Drive Hydraulic System Pressure (bar) 5,000 psi (345)
Drive Hydraulic Reservoir Capacity (L) 7 gal. (26)
A full line of Edge attachments and accessories are designed specifically to fill operators’ needs, making their 340 the most versatile machine on the job site. Popular attachments are listed below.
C Mower, Rotary
D Pallet Forks
G Snow Removal
Full Line of Edge Attachments for 340
The lift arm on a 340 is designed to achieve maximum strength, excellent visibility and fast cycle times.
* Parallel-type linkage provides excellent bucket breakout forces.
* Linkage becomes recessed in the lift arm at full lift heights for protection when dumping into trucks/trailers and provides excellent forward visibility.
* Linkage design allows for mechanical self-leveling action in both up and down directions.
* Nitro-steel rods on the hydraulic cylinders resist abrasion, pitting, scratching and corrosion.
* Excellent bucket dump angles at the mid- and top-ranges of the lift path as well as outstanding forward reach at mid-range.
* Adjustable down-stop positioning for low position height control.
Get into the tightest spaces with ease. The 340 Articulated Loader goes anywhere and does almost everything.
* A heavy-duty articulating joint offers 45-degree turning angles each way and provides optimal maneuverability with a tight turning radius. Articulated steering has minimal affect on turf and ground surfaces and extends the life of the tires.
* Chassis oscillates 10 degrees each way, for 20 degrees of total oscillation, to maintain traction by keeping the wheels on the ground on uneven terrain.
* The tail follows where the front leads, providing excellent maneuverability. The bucket and tires follow a constant turn radius, so the rear of the loader follows the path of the front tires.
* Narrow machine width allows access to tight, confined spaces that most skid loaders with comparable operating capacities cannot access.
* High ground clearance allows the loaders to pass over objects in the work-path with ease.
Reduced downtime is made possible by intelligent engineering and advanced design.
* Perform daily service checks with ease through the rear engine cover, which provides access to the engine, hydraulic reservoir filler and filter, radiator, and more.
* The tilting iso-mounted operator’s platform with gas spring lift assistance provides access to the engine fuel and oil filters, battery, and hydraulic pump.
* Hydraulic components are provided with diagnostic test ports for easy access when required.
* The control module interlock system located behind the seat on the operator’s platform has LEDs for electrical diagnostic checking.