The 1640E Skid Loader was designed with quality in mind. There are few tasks this loader cannot handle.
* Power-view® lift arm provides strength, durability and excellent view of the tires and sides of the loader
* Universal-style quick-attach system makes attachment changes quick and easy
* Thick steel plating and heavy-duty pins and bushing strengthen the loader for extreme-duty work.
* SAHR (spring-applied, hydraulic release) brake system responds quickly, holding the loader whenever the operator leaves the seat
Rated Operating Capacity (kg) 850 lbs. (386)
Height to Hinge Pin - Fully Raised (mm) 96" (2438)
Overall Width (mm) 35.8" (909)
Standard Specification Tire Size 8.70 x 12
No sacrifice was made to operator comfort or safety in the 1640E Skid Loader.
* Deluxe, high-back seat standard or optional highback suspension seat provide the level of comfort required by any operator
* Unique restraint bar design equipped with Hydraloc system provides enhanced comfort and optimum safety
* Upper, side-corner instrument panel is easily visible from the operator’s seat
* ROPS/FOPS equipped with safety glass side windows, and top and rear windows to eliminate dirt and debris, enhance safety and reduce sound levels
* Standard front and rear work lights allow for enhanced visibility for night-time operation
Ergonomic controls in the 1640E Skid Loader provide smooth loader and attachment operation.
* Hand and foot throttle are standard equipment, providing quieter operation and less fuel consumption
* T-Bar hands-only drive control system
Equipped with a powerful 24-hp (17.9 kW) Yanmar diesel engine, the 1640E Skid Loader can tackle any challenge.
* Liquid-cooled for superior performance in all weather conditions
* Excellent cold weather starting with glow plug assist system
Model 3TNV82 Interim Tier IV
Net Power (kW) @ rpm 24 hp (17.9) @ 2400
Maximum Torque @ rpm 68 ft.-lbs. (86) @ 1200
Displacement (L) 81 cu.in. (1.3)
The 1640E provides 10.1 gpm (38.2 L/min) of hydraulic flow powering a variety of attachments to get work done faster.
* Direct-drive hydrostatic pump with self-neutralizing feature provides 100% efficient drive from engine to pump, requiring no maintenance
* Hydraloc™ Automatic Interlock System increases operator safety by locking lift, tilt and drive systems when the operator leaves the seat, raises the restraint bar or turns off the ignition switch
Auxiliary Hydraulics - Standard (L/min) 10.1 gpm (38.2)
High-Flow Auxiliary Hydraulics - Option (L/min) N/A
Filtration 4 micron
Reservoir Capacity (L) 7.2 gal. (27.3)
A full line of Edge attachments and accessories are designed specifically to fill operators’ needs, making their 1640E the most versatile machine on the job site. Popular attachments are listed below.
E Pallet Forks
G Snow Removal
H Utility Fork
Full Line of Edge Attachments for 1640E
Strong lift arm provides strength, durability and excellent view of the tires and sides of the loader for increased precision and safety.
Engineers kept service in mind when designing the 1640E Skid Loader. Easily accessible maintenance points coupled with high-quality components, reduce down-time.
* A large engine cover and Tilt-back ROPS/FOPS allow access to daily maintenance points, as well as service access when needed
* A removable skid-plate cover located under the rear of the loader allows for easy clean-out and access to additional service points
* On both sides of the loader chassis runs a fully adjustable bow-tie chain drive system sealed in a continuous oil bath
* Heavy-duty, two-inch axles, pre-lubed at the factory and sealed with multiple lip seals, don’t require greasing or maintenance